Blogging has been all the rage in the last couple of years and doesn’t look like its going anywhere soon. If you have a blog, that is a perfect way to promote the Online Instant Profits program, but there is a right and a wrong way to do it.
If you have a business or money making related blog or if you are using a blog to journal your own personal thoughts, mention www.onlineinstantprofits.com often throughout your blog entries, in your links list ("blog roll") and/or in your ad space, and be sure to use your Clickbank hoplink.
Keeping up a blog – especially daily – can be very hard to do because you run out of content and things to write about.
Sometimes the biggest challenge with blogging is that you run out of things to write about. When you use your blog to promote the Online Instant Profits program as an affiliate, you don't have to worry about content, because you can use our reprintable articles and syndicated Q & A columns as content for your blog. Just copy and paste!
By the way, if you don't have a blog yet, you can start blogging a few minutes from now – absolutely free! How? Just go to www.blogspot.com or www.blogger.com and get a free blog.
Word Press is also good choice if you want to install a blog on your own domain. (Word press can create some awesome looking blogs right on your own domain, so its a step up from blogspot and blogger, which are free blogs on someone else's domain. For information, visit www.WordPress.com
Blogging For Pleasure And Profit: Ben Steven's Top 10 Blog Tips for Affiliate Marketer Bloggers (copyright 2006, no reproduction of this article permitted)
1. Keep your blogs brief. Blogs can be used as publishing tools to post articles or content of any length whatsoever. However, blogs tend to work best with short articles.
2. Be the face with the place. Show your name, face and personality. Be a human being, not an anonymous website out in cyberspace. The internet is not machines connected to other machines - it is people connected to other people.
3. Take a stand or be controversial. Part of showing your personality is to express your beliefs and opinions. This is part of what blogging is all about. A blog can be and should be a personal journal and a place for opinion and editorial. Speak your mind! If you don't like money scams and you're upset about the advertising in the online industry (like I am), then say so!
4. Blog about current news and events. Check the latest news on CNN or Yahoo and comment on current news events and topics related to business and the internet.
5. Be funny. If you have a sense of humor, use it (it doesn't have to be so serious!)
6. Don't be boring. No one will stay on or return to your blog if you bore them to death. Be engaging and entertaining. Web surfers are NOT a captive audience. Be boring... one click... they're gone!
7. Be original. Use my articles and reprintable content, but don't use them exclusively. Make sure your blog has at least some original content. Remember, a blog is just a publishing tool, but if you just republish the same articles everyone else does, then... well... you're the same as everybody else! Be unique, and be sure there is at least some unique content on your blog site. Because these articles are reprintable, you may also quote sentences, paragraphs or excerpts, provided you give proper attribution to the source and don't change any of the text. Then you can use the rest of your blog to add your personal commentary on the issue.
8. Have more than one website. It is a great idea to have a traditional, informational, themed "content" or "portal" website AND a blog. Just because you already have a website doesn't mean you shouldn't have a blog too. You can build a blog on its own domain or install it right there on the website you already have using a tool like Word Press. Websites are cheap to build and cheap to maintain these days. Take advantage of it.
9. Use the prime website real estate wisely. Here's one of the most important money making tips of all. The prime real estate on any website including a blog site is what is top and center -- right in the visitors face "above the fold" on the "first screen" they see when they land on the site. A text ad, review or banner ad posted permanently in that space will give you more bang for your buck than anything you write in blog posts.
10. Use the prime website real estate wisely, part 2. The articles you write on your blog are most effective as sales and promotional tools only while they are on the home page, because whatever is on your home page gets the most page views. It's a fact that blog archives are only visited a fraction of the time that the main page and current blog post is hit. Check your traffic stats if you need proof of this for yourself. Once again, this means that only what is right in the visitors face on the home page will get much attention. The second area of prime real estate on any good blog that stays in view at all times is the right hand navigation column, especially the upper part, in the first screen (what the visitor sees before they start scrolling). If you want to sell Online Instant Profits e-books, or anything else online, you have to use your prime real estate wisely! (try a book cover with a short 2 or 3 line text ad right below it, in the upper right hand corner of the site and watch what happens to your results!